Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mini Lesson 19:The Apostrophe

The Apostrophe

Audience: 6th Grade

Engage: To catch my students attention I will put a sentence on the board and have students identify the apostrophes. "Brad's book didn't inform him of the answers to his questions on his p's and q's."

Explore: After the students have identified the apostrophes I will then have them explain how the apostrophe is being used.

Explain: I will explain to the students the three rules of using an apostrophe. In my explanation of each rule I will give examples. I will use PowerPoint to make the learning process more interesting for my students.

Expand: To expand on the apostrophe lesson I will have students give an example sentence of each rule.

Evaluate & E-Search: To test what students have learned I will use a short on-line quiz about apostrophes.

The quiz link is http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar_quiz/apostrophes_1.asp

For homework the students will form groups of three and make up a paragraph using the three rules of the apostrophe.

No comments: