Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1. Engage- I will have a sentence with an incorrect verb form on the board.

2. Explore- I will ask the students to identify what is wrong with the sentence.

3. Explain- After the students have identified what is wrong I will ask if anyone knows why it is wrong as well. I will then go on to explain why it is wrong.

4. Expand- I will then go over multiple examples of sentences where there are subject and verb agreement problems. I will ask the students for examples they themselves have written. After that I will further explain cases in which the meaning of a sentence may be lost with incorrect subject/verb usage and the need for singular subjects with singular verbs and plural subjects with plural verbs.

5. Evaluate- We will take a short quiz together and go over the answers as a group.

6. E-search- The quiz will be emailed out to the students so they will need to use the computer and the internet in order to participate.

No comments: