Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mini Lesson: Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement

Engage: I will give each student a worksheet for pronoun-antecedent agreement. I will randomly put a sticker on four worksheets before I pass them out. They will then have the option to come to the board or pick someone else to.

Explore and E-Search: The four students will then come to the board and write the correct antecedent and pronoun on the board. They will have the choice of which sentence they chose.

Explain: I will explain through my power-point presentation the correct way to use pronoun-antecedent agreement and the rules that go with it.
Expand: Together we will go over the worksheet to see if the students did the sentences correctly.

Evaluate: I have provided a homework link, as well as a quiz link for the students. If they feel uncomfortable with pronoun-antecedent agreements these links should help them tremendously! :)

Homework: http://www.towson.edu/ows/modulePAAex1.htm

Quiz: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/cgi-shl/quiz.pl/pronoun_quiz.htm

No comments: